Online safety is important to us here at Bradstow School the three core ways in which we promote safe use is via.
- Use of technology - In the form of but not limited to internet content filtering, and secure filtered email services, protecting personal data, anonymised student email, managed internet content, restricted access to social media.
- Policies and practices - All staff are inducted and trained in Online Safety and in the acceptible use of ICT equipment. To read our Online Safety policy click here
- Education and training - Staff are made aware of their responsibilities to keep young people safe online, through training sessions using materials such as this. Online safety resources are available for parents and carers to access online from home. Children and young people have access to the E-Safety materials contained within the computing package provided by the online resource - Education City. Children and Young people are taught key values regarding online safety which are reinforced by posters that can be found throughout the school. .
Here are just a few examples.
On Friday the 10th of June we held an assembly where online safety was promoted. The ICT coordinator gave an interactive presentation to the children and young people of Bradstow School on the importance of staying safe whilst online. The presentation is now available for classes and homes to use freely to encourage safe internet use.
Please click the below image to see the slides from the presentation.
Vodafone Digital Parenting Magazine
Vodafone produce an annual digital parenting magazine available for free online.
The latest issue includes articles about cyberbullying, sexting and extremism.
It brings together advice from academics, psychologists and other experts to help keep young people safe in the digital world.
Online Safety Links
Want to learn more about Online Safety?
Please click on the links below to access recommended Online Safety resources:
- 7 Days left to collect Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers!
Thank you so much to everyone who has collected and brought...
Please click the above image to read this months issue!
The Bradstow Voice Newsletter is a termly publication...
- 01 Sep 2015Friendships & Fallouts: Waterloo - WW1
- 23 Sep 2017Friendships and Fallouts; Waterloo - World War 1 Community Day